2006 Intern | Boston University
International Relations Major
Art History Minor
What were your job responsibilities as a VPF intern?
- Maintain client records
- Participate in networking events
- Maintain operational organization
Always have integrity and faith in the work you do. Eventually, it will take you to a place where you are aiming to be.
How did your VPF internship prepare you for your career post-graduation?
As a start to my career, it was the right place to see if investment banking is a good area for me to grow.
If you had one piece of advice for someone entering the financial services industry, what would it be?
You should continue working in Financial Services if only you have the talent for it and you should enjoy the work you do. If that is not the case, there is always a better industry fit out there.What is one of your favorite memories from interning at VPF?
David teaching me a lot about private wealth management, especially since I was coming from a Bachelor of Arts background.
Where do you work now?
I work at Manolo Blahnik as a Senior Accounts Receivable Analyst.
What are your job responsibilities?
- Manage collections and payments of clients throughout North America
- Ensure monthly profitability reporting is generated for clients and explain these reports to the sales team
- Minimize bad debt exposure and maintain A/R aging balance at an acceptable level
- Reconcile accounts receivable trial balance to the general ledger and research variances at month-end
- Run credit reports and make thoroughly credit risk analysis for new and existing customers
- Collaborate with management to support A/R collection forecasts (cash management)
What's your favorite part about your job?
I am truly blessed to work for a world famous designer. My teammates believe in career growth and everybody is eager to teach other new tools and most importantly it is a very diverse group of people.